Bookkeeping for Mom Bloggers may earn a small commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page.
Homeschool and Work from Home Productivity Tips for Moms
Here we are at the end of summer break in 2020, all moms (parents) out there are trying to make one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make. Do we send our kids back to school or do we homeschool? I know that personally, I have been a wreck trying to make this decision. There is no easy answer. There is no perfect answer. No two families are alike and we are all in different boats. Same COVID storm but different boats.
So, if for your family it makes sense to work from home and homeschool your little ones than I thought it would be helpful to get some productivity tips for moms crossing into this new territory.
13 other mom bloggers offered their best productivity tips for homeschooling and working from home. I am going to share those with you to hopefully help ease the stress of this new experience.
Homeschool Productivity Tips
1. Any Reason Life shared How to Homeschool for Beginners – Yes, please! I personally am leaning more toward the homeschool option. Working from home gives me that option and we only have one child so it is something that I could manage. My sister has homeschooled her 4 children for the past 3 years so I thought I knew a lot about it. Well, once you start digging into it, it easily becomes overwhelming! This blog post is a great place to start if homeschooling is something you are considering. They even provide free printable worksheets to get started!
2. Saving Talents shared Tips for Homeschool Room Organization as well as How to Find Time to Blog and Homeschool. You may not be a blogger but you can still use the tips to help you work from home while homeschooling! Both of those posts are super helpful for anyone just starting out. Whether you decide to do solely online learning or you decide to make it a more traditional school setting that is completely up to you!
I know several families that have homeschooled long before the pandemic and they all teach differently!
3. Just a Simple Home shared Home Management Tips for Homeschool Moms and Time Management Tips for Homeschool Moms. Tips I think everyone can benefit from! Whether you are trying to work from home with little ones, you are homeschooling, or you have to do both like me. Time management tips are a must!
I know through the years of blogging I have learned so many tips and tricks that I am always on the lookout for more! Something we all can agree on is there isn’t enough time in the day. So we have to make the best of what time we do have!
These both are great for keeping the kids entertained in a positive way while quarantined at home.
Homeschool & Work from Home Tips
These next moms shared tips on how to manage home schooling and working from home.
5. The Growing Creatives shared The Most Effective Time Management Tips for SAHM Bloggers
Again, this one is geared more toward bloggers but I still think they are universal tips to help anyone working from home!
6. Not Consumed shared Simple Homeschool Schedule for Working Moms
Here is a schedule to help working moms homeschool. It is hard to decide what schedule will flow best for your family and as I said before we are all different. We will each fall into our own schedule and routine. But taking advice from an experienced mom is something I will never turn down!
7. Attachment Mummy shared How to Work from Home During School
Here are some tips on how to work from home during school. Trying to juggle both can be done but it takes consistency and staying focused.
Let’s move on to some work from home productivity tips other moms had to share!
Work from Home Productivity Tips
8. Healthy Happy Impactful shared How to Block Schedule Time
I love block scheduling. It is something I try to do everyday. When I tell myself I have a certain time frame to finish my project or task I am much more likely to get it done. If I just leave it on my list with no direct deadline it gets pushed back.
9. LaLa to MaMa shared How to Work from Home While Your Kids are Home
This mom shared what we all are wanting to know, how to work from home while your kids are home. This is great for summer time when the kids are home or when daycare is closed from COVID. Or of course if you have the kids at home during the school year too because of COVID.
10. Our Home Sweet Home shared 10 Surefire Ways to Increase Productivity Working From Home
While working from home you have to make the most out of every minute. Here are ways to increase your productivity while working from home.
11. Peony Lane Designs shared Staying Sane While Working from Home
This might just be the most important tips of them all! How to stay sane during all of this! Stress is hitting us from every angle right now. We are the ones that set the tone for our families. If we keep a positive attitude through all of this, it is going to help ease the whole process for our kids.
12. Her Journal shared Productivity Tips for Moms: Time Management Techniques with a Toddler
My daughter is 10 years old so luckily she can take care of herself for the most part. She is very responsible and doesn’t require 24/7 supervision. Something I can’t say for toddlers. They require a lot of attention and supervision. Here are some tips to manage your time with a toddler.
13. Pink Fortitude shared Top 10 Survival Tips for the Mom with Chronic Illness
This blog post is more specific but very relevant. Here are the top 10 survival tips for the mom with chronic illness.
I hope you enjoyed all of these productivity tips for homeschooling and working from home. I wish you the best of luck this school year!
Before I go I wanted to share this awesome opportunity going on right now for this week only. Ultimate Bundles is offering a Homeschool Bundle valued at $1278.79 for only $29.50! The sale ends on Friday July 31st!